Welcome to the Muhammad Ali Center employment opportunities page. We are proud of the significant achievements of our international culture center and museum and we offer a variety of rewarding work experiences. These positions range from entry level to advanced positions for professionals who have achieved distinction in their field and include jobs that are full-time, part-time, seasonal, and volunteer. If no opportunities are currently listed, please check back as this page is updated when openings become available. The Muhammad Ali Center is an equal opportunity employer.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Title: Communications and Marketing Associate
Reports to: Senior Director of Public Relations and External Affairs
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Application Close Date: November 1, 2018
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Muhammad Ali Center is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization with a mission that includes preserving and sharing the life and legacy of Muhammad Ali. To support our efforts, we are seeking a Communications and Marketing Associate to assist with the organization’s communications, public & community relations, and marketing functions. This employee will coordinate, plan, and execute a variety of tactics through multiple mediums to a host of external publics, with a goal of raising awareness, interest, and engagement with the Ali Center
Position Responsibilities (not inclusive):
- Draft and distribute press releases, write communications copy, and marketing and publicity material.
- Manage social media planning, posting, expansion, and analytics
- Produce monthly e-newsletter
- Administer Center’s web site content
- Track media coverage through Critical Mention
- Assist Senior Director with major Center events
- Liaise with graphic designers, printers, and other vendors to develop and produce marketing materials
- Develops/expands upon tourism-related database, and group tours marketing tactics
- Represents the Center at Louisville-based tourism events
- Supports department with administrative functions
- Possesses excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal skills.
- Has proven skill set in Microsoft Office, design software, content management systems, web site editing and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software
- Has social media skills and SEO experience
- Shows attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of two years of communications, public relations, or marketing experience
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
Please email email@example.com
The Muhammad Ali Center is a cultural attraction and an international education center that is inspired by the ideals of its founder Muhammad Ali. The Ali Center’s 2 ½ levels of innovative exhibits, educational and public programming carry on Muhammad’s legacy and inspires exploration of the greatness within each of us. The Center is a gathering place where people can come to learn, share, and celebrate our commonalities as human beings, and formulate ways of advancing humanity today and in the future.